WHAT'S IN THE BOTTLE? Mashbuild Bourbon, Batch 2
Batch 2 has long been a fan favorite and one of our most sought-after bottles.
Like our inaugural batch, Batch 2 also has the full recipe on the front of the label. The extra months of aging though gave this batch a more mature, earthy flavor than its predecessor.
We hear time and again that this is the bottle that first introduced people to Mashbuild and remains high among their favorites.
- 6%: 17yr. old, 75% corn, 21% rye, 4% malted barley
- 1%: 15yr. old, 60% corn, 36% rye, 4% malted barley
- 4%: 13yr. old, 75% corn, 21% rye, 4% malted barley
- 39%: 11 yr. old, 75% corn, 21% rye, 4% malted barley
- 39%: 10 yr. old, 80% corn, 10% rye, 10% malted barley
- 4%: 3yr. old, 100% Colorado sweet corn
- 2%: 3yr. old, 100% Northeast bloody butcher corn
- 5%: 2yr. old, 75% corn, 21% rye, 4% malted barley
All Mashbuild bourbon is solera-aged, meaning that barrels of similar ages are grouped together in a common “layer” of the solera.
In the solera aging process, as whiskey is used, barrels are backfilled with stock from the next layer up and new stock is added to the top layer. In this fashion, younger spirits take on more mature flavors and the average age of stock in the solera always increases over time.